Default image
Company

WealthBar

Role

UX/UI Design

Problem

An uptick in cases of users using our service to commit fraud (money laundering) forced us to block our bank change feature and direct all client bank change requests through a rigorous manual staff verification process.

Objective

(1) Redesign the existing bank change feature to include a secure authentication process — allowing for automated approvals that doesn’t require staff intervention.

(2) Design an internal workflow feature that allows staff to track and complete client bank change requests.

Research + Service Blueprinting (Current State)

 

As part of our initial research for this feature, we roped in a few folks from our Client Services Team to create a service blueprint to better understand the problem. The goal of this was two-fold:

  1. We wanted to understand the ways in which users have been committing fraud (user stories); and
  2. We wanted to map out the current process for ID and bank verification conducted by staff (completely manual).
Service Blueprinting (Ideal State) Workshop

After creating the initial blueprint and conducting a few interviews with staff, we presented our findings to the stakeholders. We outlined the issues that needed to be addressed and ran a workshop with stakeholders to define an ideal state for the workflow.


Here is the service blueprint (current state) that I digitally recreated for documentation’s sake. This map helped us identify key pieces of information that we needed to include in the UI to help staff identify fraud quickly and accurately.


User Flow (Client)

We often run internal usability tests for our features. This one was particularly pertinent since we could test the design with users who be the direct users of the feature.


Mobile Flows (Client)

This was the final set of mobile screens for the client bank change + verification flow.

(Desktop screens available upon request)


Content Modelling

Once we identified key pieces of information that staff needed to validate and process each new request, we started card sorting to form a basis for the feature’s IA.


Early Sketches

Here are some early sketches I did to define possible flows and IA structures on each screen.


Usability Testing

We ran usability tests with our client services team. This was particularly useful since we could test the design directly with the users who would be using this feature on our admin platform.


Hi-fidelity Mockups

After a few rounds of iterations (and 2 rounds of user testing) — I refined the designs to this. This flow involves a work queue of pending bank requests and a request details page where staff can approve or reject each request.

Say hi @ julian.liao@gmail.com

© 2021 Julian Liao 


Instagram  LinkedIn